Monday, July 11, 2011

the.bread.shop

Sometimes the nicest places to eat may just be hidden in a quiet little suburb; a gem of a find when you least expect it. I found one such place when WSS took me there several months ago to buy some breads for tea.

Nestled along Jalan Setiakasih 5 in the affluent Bukit Damansara neighbourhood is The Bread Shop.


The heavenly smell of freshly baked breads hits me squarely in the face each time I set foot in this little bakery.


There's just something serene and comforting despite the hustle and bustle behind the counter where the kitchen is. Families gather for breakfast while friends catch up over a cup of coffee. You can almost hear the gossip bouncing off the stone/cement walls.

Today, I had my favourite Apple Danish with a cup of English Breakfast tea.

WSS had sausage with cheese bun with a glass of orange juice

For that one hour, I felt like a real tai-tai, not a stay-at-home mum stealing some time out of the house for a brief reprieve from the humdrum of household chores.

In fact, whenever I sit on those high chairs, bathed in the aroma of fresh breads and sipping my tea, I forget I live in a busy metropolitan city. I am in a safe place.


The Bread Shop
11 Jalan Setiakasih 5
Bukit Damansara
50490 Kuala Lumpur
Tel 03 20938734

(Opens Monday to Friday 8.00am to 7.30pm. Sunday and Public Holidays ~ closed)

No comments: