Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fiercely Fragrant Fried 'Kway Teow'

I am no Hokkien-lang. Neither am I, Penang born. I may not be able to tell what a plate of 'authentic' Char Kway Teow tastes like but this is as good as it gets.


So far, for me, none has been able to top the Char Kway Teow from Restoran Rocky in Bangsar Baru. This is another one of my comfort foods but thank God, I don't succumb to this kind of 'comforting' very often. I don't calorie count when I tuck into this delicious and aromatic meal simply because I love it too much! There are no pieces of pork lard but the prawns are pretty good sized and there are lots of cockles thrown in. You can have it fried with chilli or add in an egg if you want. The end result is still the same. Divinely fragrant!

This is not something to indulge often (for obvious reasons) but is definitely on my list of 'must eat' whenever I am in Bangsar and looking for cheap eats.

So, if you happen to be in Bangsar, hop over to Restoran Rocky at 15,i Jalan Telawi 5, Bangsar Baru and give it a try. Who knows, I may just be enjoying a plate of hot Char Kway teow there!

2 comments:

Pathfinder said...

How much is it? Any other selections in the restoran? How's the portion?

Wang Tai Tai - 王太太 said...

Hi, Pathfinder, thanks for visiting. Rocky also sells prawn noodles, 'chap fan', fish ball noodles, chicken rice and curry laksa. Their specialty is pork trotters in black vinegar! Goes really well with white rice!

The Char Kway Teow costs RM4.00. Still considered cheap by KL standards. Decent portions too :)