Sunday, March 25, 2018

Oh, Those Mussels! And More at Two Sons Bistro


WSS and I had a fantabulous brunch this morning at Two Sons Bistro.  The lazy part of me just want to upload the few photos I had taken of our beautiful meal, onto Instagram, write a few words, throw in a few hashtags and I am done.  But alas, the more diligent me won the argument.  It was time to resurrect this food blog. Hence, this entry.


I have always loved seafood. Crabs, prawns, clams, squid, mussels and the like.  When Two Sons Bistro opened for business at the Starling Mall, I didn't give them much thought.  Eh, probably just another of your run of the mill cafe; a dime in a dozen these days. Then one fine day, walking past, I noticed these two sign boards outside their restaurant! 


They have clams and mussels on their menu!  And a whole lot of other dishes from pasta to steaks and desserts and even a few specially prepared Asian dishes.


We ordered a starter pot of mussels (450g) priced at RM30.00; clams and mussels here are prepared in 16 different ways, so we chose a clear broth called Basilisk.  The hot steaming pot of mussels were served with a side of french fries which we opted over the other option of garlic brioche.  Needless to say, it was good to the last bit.  Incidentally, the starter size was just perfect for the two of us.


Aside from the mussels, we also ordered an Aglio Olio linguine (RM21.00) with a choice of seafood (add RM12.00). Yes, there were more mussels and clams inside   Again, it was perfectly cooked. The seafood was fresh and the pasta was delicious.  No regrets at all!


Our appetites were truly ginormous today because we couldn't help ourselves and ordered an Egg Benedict (RM25.00) to share. It came in an unusual style of serving; in a huge charcoal bun. I swear I could hear the bun crackled as I cut into it to reveal the poached egg inside. Yup, we polished off every bit of that too.

There were just so much to digest!  Seriously, there's a treasure trove of food waiting to be discovered. One thing's for sure....we will back for more!

Psst.... only one teeny weeny gripe.  My flat white was served with just a hint of coffee.  Hopefully, it was just this one cup.


Address :

Two Sons Bistro
Level 1, Starling Mall
Damansara Uptown, PJ

OR

A4-G2-8, Publika
Solaris Dutamas
Jalan Dutamas 1, KL

Facebook Page












No comments: