Friday, June 5, 2015

Hokkien Mee 福建面' & Cantonese Fried Noodles ' 廣府炒鴛鴦' @ Tiong Hokkien Mee, Damansara Uptown


This is NOT something one can eat as often as eggs on toast or some others foods that your body can digest easily without shaking up your annual medical report!  But I do have my fair share of  'zhi char' cravings and I am already salivating at the thought of a yummilicious portion of Hokkien Mee or Cantonese Fried Noodles 'gong fu chao yin yong' for dinner!  And thanks to another foodie friend who loves food more than his waistline, I have a new place to indulge in my favourite fried noodles.

The portions at Tiong Hokkien Mee in Damansara Uptown are good, prices reasonable and most importantly, at least in my books, the restaurant is clean!  The shop is brightly lit and even if you have to dine alfresco, the tables are not next to open drains with buzzing mosquitos to boot, unlike another restaurant serving similar food in the vicinity.  


Simply love the yellow noodles fried in dark soy sauce (Hokkien Mee) with a generous helping of prawns, pork meat and cabbage slices. Couldn't find many pieces of fried pork lard, though it's a good thing, preventing me from raising my cholesterol levels any higher than they already are!


The mix of fried beehoon and flat rice noodles (Cantonese Fried Noodles) was just as tasty and not as starchy as some others that I have consumed in other restaurants.

Tonight, we also ordered a plate of 'nam yue' fermented red beancurd fried chicken wings to complement the meal.  But this may not be to everyone's taste because the taste of 'nam yue' can be overwhelming for those looking for a taste of old fashioned fried chicken wings. Having said that, it's definitely palatable and quite pleasant to eat.


I don't profess to be an expert but tonight's meal was good enough for me.

Restoran Tiong Hokkien Mee
85, Jalan 21/37
Damansara Uptown
47400 Petaling Jaya



No comments: